The role in a nutshell
At CitySwift, we are building a world-class engineering team to digitally transform public transport in major cities around the world. We want a mid-level Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing team, solving interesting and complex technological problems with real-world solutions. You must love to code both personally and professionally, always keep up to date with the latest technologies(Kotlin, Java, React.js, Google Cloud) and get excited by and have the ambition to grow with the company as we scale up.
Today, we analyse billions of data points for a selection of the world’s largest transport companies, shipping a product that constantly delivers for clients and exceeds expectations, you will play a vital role in the development of new data-driven features in our existing products SwiftMetrics and SwiftSchedule while also having the opportunity to work on green-field products that are in the roadmap.
Our investors include Ryanair co-founder Declan Ryan’s Irelandia Investments, ACT Venture Capital and former CarTrawler Chief Executive Mike McGearty.
You will bring
- Excitement by joining a growing, fast-paced & dynamic start-up solving a real-world problem
- 1-2 years of experience of hands-on, commercial software engineering
- Back-end experience with Java and/or Python
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related domains
- Experience working on the end to end development of software projects
- Experience with any of the main cloud platforms
- Understanding of software best practices and design patterns
It will be great if you also have some:
- Experience in building cloud-based production grade big data pipelines and working with big data technologies.
- Experience working in the Database or with Data Warehouse
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of best practice data structures and optimization algorithms.
- Experience in manipulating big data and drawing insights from massive data sets.
- Experience with GIS software/analysis tools as well as routing algorithms.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to make your mark in a high growth Irish Tech Company
- Work directly alongside and learn from our two Co-Founders.
- The product is scaling, with constant engagement and feedback from users and clients to inform the development roadmap.
- Ideas are listened to and encouraged. Experts are allowed to make decisions
- Open, transparent culture where everyone is kept informed and committed to the company's future.
- We hire the best so that everyone can learn from each other
- Office in City Centre location.
- Flexible hours and remote working opportunities
- Generous Healthcare
- Bike to Work & Taxsaver commuter scheme
- Competitive compensation
- Active social club where employees are encouraged to have fun together both inside and outside of work!